Friday, July 3, 2009

Iced Tea -- the Tea Lover's Way

I know, I know, this blog is about HOT tea. But it's so hot out, and Southern gal that I am, it was impossible for me not to explain how to make real iced tea, with real tea leaves, and really impress your friends! So here goes...

Really Good Iced Tea

Take 2 quarts of hot water to 7-10 teaspoons of loose Earl Grey leaves; steep for 8 minutes, then strain into another pitcher and add 4 cups of ice.

You probably know this, but mint and lemon both make great garnishes for Really Good Iced Tea.

If you prefer a mint tea, just take regular black tea leaves and mix them with dried mint.

Happy Sipping,
CoolCat

6 comments:

G-dad said...

I think iced tea hits the spot. Make a glass for me!

Jamie said...

G-dad,
If you like iced tea, you'll love this kind. I'll be sure to have some on hand when you come down!
Happy Sipping,
CoolCat

Grace said...

CoolCat,
The iced tea sounds wonderful, especially because it is 104 degrees today!
Grace

Watermelon Lover said...

CoolCat, I wish I would have had this tea at camp! The iced tea there had no flavor! (I think it was plain old Lipton)

Jamie said...

Lipton? Blech. :( WatermelonLover, hope your teeth feel better!
Happy Sipping,
CoolCat

Chuck said...

CoolCat your southern roots are truly showing. Old Geezers from the south love iced tea, too. Love to all.