Friday, November 7, 2008

Haiku Friday

Hi! CoolCat here, wanting to share with you a new weekly feature on my blog... Haiku Friday! Haiku are short Japanese poems that are always about nature in some way. They are in three lines of 5 syllables, then 7, then 5 again. Since haiku are Japanese and tea is very popular in Japan, I thought haiku would be an appropriate poem for this blog (thanks, jim.texas, for the idea). Each Friday, I'll post a haiku with a suggestion for a tea or tea type suitable for the nature of the poem. Here's today's:



Leaves are red and gold
Echoing the setting sun
Lovely, lovely fall!

Try some Ruby Chai or another rooibos tea with this haiku, matching in color and mood the beauties of fall!

~CoolCat

3 comments:

jim.texas said...

Beautiful poem. I will try some Ruby Chai.

Anonymous said...

Ruby Chai is my favorite! Now I have a nice little poem to go along with it. I'll watch for future haiku Fridays. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

How creative of you, CoolCat! I enjoyed your poem. Tea has taken on a whole new place in my life.