Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MateVana Rooibos Chai

My Tea Thoughts:
November 19, 2008

MateVana Rooibos Chai is a delicious tea! I'm sure you're wondering about the long name: Mate is one kind of tea; Vana is from Teavana, the great store this comes from; and Rooibos Chai is another kind of tea, like my beloved Ruby Chai. With that cleared up, we can move on to the tea itself! It's a smooth and sumptuous tea, with plenty of its Rooibos heritage detectable, lending a strong base to the tea. Chai spices (see my sidebar "What is Chai?) provide an exotic flavor, and the warm, sweet overtones are, I assume, from Mate. (Can anyone tell me what Mate is? I've never heard of it anywhere but TeaVana.) This tea also takes sweetener excellently, particularly the really neat "Rock Sugar" that I recieved with it. It's a 5 out of 5 for this sumptuous tea! MateVana Rooibos Chai was a gift from a dear friend of mine; thank you!

Happy Sipping,
CoolCat

P.S. Wanna post a comment? See my "How to Post a Comment" sidebar.

At-a-Glance:

Name: MateVana Rooibos Chai.
Type: blend of Mate and Rooibos.
Package: Looseleaf.
Source: TeaVana.
Group: Dark.
Key Word: Full.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, CoolCat, for so much information on the teas you have tried. It sounds like you have received some special teas from some nice friends lately. I look forward to the Haiku each Friday.
Butterfly G-M

Melissa Dominic said...

mate is a delicious infusion made from yerba mate! it's usually drunk from a cool looking gourd too. pretty much some shrubbery leaves jammed into some hot water and steeped until delicious. straight up, it's really an aquired taste, but the way this blend is mixed (i had some recently!) it's really yummy. i believe mate is mostly from argentina, brazil, etc.

Stair Gates said...

Love it.

Raks said...

I tasted this tea today and am completely in love with it. I went to Teavana but could not find the blend. Only saw them separately. Did you buy and mix by yourself?

Jamie said...

No, I actually bought this as a mixture. You can probably ask the people at TeaVana; they are very helpful and knowledgeable.
~CoolCat